Our healthcare organization wants to use speech recognition to improve the productivity of both authors and typists.
As more and more physicians are gravitating towards the private sector, maximizing the overall efficiency of their practices is vital to their success. Innovative technologies which incorporate speech recognition into the workflow not only enhance the doctor’s personal productivity but significantly reduce, if not completely eliminate the costs associated with transcription of their medical reports.
VocalTek provides speech processing solutions specifically tailored for seamlessly integration into the workflow. Our speech recognition solutions can be customized for front-end (real-time) for doctors desiring complete autonomy and the ability to immediately finalize their reports, or back-end (deferred correction), whereby the recognized (pre-typed) text with its synchronized voice file is forwarded to administrative staff for edition.
KEY BENEFITS OF OUR SPEECH RECOGNITION SOLUTIONS FOR DOCTORS
- Data entry at 120+ words per minute
- Typing skills not required
- Allows doctors to immediately visualize, edit and finalize their reports
- Reduces or eliminates the need for secretarial assistance
- Can be installed on a laptop, allowing for mobility
- Fully integrated with Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Macros can be designed to automate repetitive processes (i.e. normal reports)
- Customized templates can be incorporated
- Authors can dictate directly into most applications (RIS or PACS, EMRs, etc.)
- Workflow can include secretaries to edit and format speech recognized text
KEY BENEFITS OF OUR BACK-END (DEFERRED EDITION) SPEECH RECOGNITION SOLUTIONS FOR TRANSCRIPTIONIST
- Reduced workload as doctors can finalize many reports themselves
- Reports require only simple edition and formatting
- Typing proficiency is no longer essential
- Can be designed for remote transcription (i.e. home)
- Frees up time to perform more rewarding tasks
- Less disability associated with repetitive stress injuries caused by typing
- Creation of a personalized acoustic profile.
- Addition of terminology associated to the field of practice
- Addition of commonly used acronyms and proper names
- Incorporation of author’s writing style to provide context
- Creation of time saving macros
- Automation of repetitive processes
- Creation of speech enabled forms
Contrary to popular belief, speech recognition is not an out-of-the-box solution. It requires pre-adaptation and customization in order to maximize the initial recognition rate and ensure effortless adoption by its users.
- Professional trainers
- Adjusted to the user’s computer proficiency
- Personalized for the desired workflow
- Significantly reduces the learning curve
- Improves adoption by doctor
- Allows authors to more rapidly benefit from the savings
Available speech recognition solution bundles:
- BRONZE (no professional service required)
- SILVER (includes basic installation, configuration and training)
- GOLD (fully personalized turn-key solution)
Contact us for more information and special offers